At The Open Door Christian Church we are very careful to steward your tithes, gifts and offerings to the very best of our ability according to the mission to which God has called us. As a church we set aside 10%, a tithe, of our weekly offering to be used to support ministries outside of our own. Click here for a list of the ministries we have supported. The remaining 90% goes into our general fund to pay for our various ministries, staff, supplies, building and grounds, mortgage, utilities, and everything else that is required to continue living out the mission of The Open Door. We also have special funds such as our building fund and missions fund to which you may give over and above your regular giving. All of your gifts are used to further God’s kingdom locally, regionally, nationally and worldwide. Our Mission: To make Jesus known by actively gathering God’s scattered children together in His name and through the work of the Holy Spirit teach and grow them in faith so that they may be sent out into the world to share the life-giving love of Jesus.
During Worship on Sundays:
Giving is a part of worship and we pass an offering bag on Sunday mornings. We also have cream cans by the door for you to place your tithes and offerings if you would rather do that.
You can make a one-time donation or set up recurring donations using PayPal. Many people intend to give weekly but because they pay most of their bills online they forget to bring a check to church with them. Using our Online Giving is a convenient way to give from your home. You can set it up to give on a weekly or monthly basis to help you faithfully give and can change the amount you give or cancel it at any time.
Givelify Phone App:
The Givelify mobile giving app is available for iPhone and Android devices. With the Givelify mobile giving app, there are no phone numbers, text message codes, complex URLs or complicated passwords to remember. Simply download the app, locate your church and tap your way through the most pleasant giving experience you’ve ever had. Easily set up recurring payments to make your giving even easier!
We offer electronic giving which allows you to make donations on a scheduled, automatic basis. If you are writing checks and preparing envelopes every week, you will especially appreciate electronic giving. It is convenient for you and provides much-needed donation consistency for our church. Just print and complete this authorization form or pick one up at the Connection Center at church.Electronic Giving Authorization Form
Give by Mail:
You can mail your check to the church. Many people find it easier to mail their tithes and offerings when they write the check and are mailing their bills. You can simply send it to:
The Open Door Christian Church
P.O. Box 743
New London, MN 56273
Offering envelopes addressed to The Open Door are available at the Connection Center for your convenience.
The Open Door Christian Church has supported or continues to support the following ministries with our tithes:
- The Link
- West Central Youth for Christ – JOPPA
- Youth for Christ International – Bogota, Colombia, and Egypt
- Destiny E.W.O. (Elderly, Widows and Orphans)
- The Broken Church
- Hope Pregnancy Center
- Cody Berg Memorial Scholarship Fund (Mill Pond Mile)
- The James House
- Crossroads Counseling Center
- Palm Beach Troop Support
- Samaritan’s Purse
- Compassion International
- Christ for All Nations
- RAIN Ministries
- U.S. and Global Missions